Developer portal generally supports the browsers for the mobile and desktop platforms compatible with Bootstrap 3; and the current major revision and one older revision of most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.).
Stands for "Application Program Interface," though it is sometimes referred to as an "Application Programming Interface." An API is a set of commands, functions, and protocols which programmers can use when building software for a specific operating system. The API allows programmers to use predefined functions to interact with the operating system, instead of writing them from scratch. All computer operating systems, such as Windows, Unix, and the Mac OS, provide an application program interface for programmers. APIs are also used by video game consoles and other hardware devices that can run software programs. While the API makes the programmer's job easier, it also benefits the end user, since it ensures all programs using the same API will have a similar user interface.
Nationwide will never share your email address with a third party. We will use your email address only to send important information related to a Nationwide API, including but not limited to:
- Key expiration notifications
- Service/API specific notifications regarding noteworthy changes or new versions
- Outage notifications
- Visit https://developer.nationwide.com and look at the API's we offer.
- Register for an account, and request a developer key to be able to build and test their application(s) using a 'sandbox' version of any of our services.
- Build their application, referencing available technical documentation, sample source code, reference guides, and community support as needed.